‘Magento’ is one of most popular CMS used by webmasters due to its excellent e-commerce website handling features. Magento eCommerce Platforms are scalable, flexible and suitable for online business growth. But still there are few cases in which webmasters are found complaining some sort of slow speed functionality with ‘Magento’. But still following are some tips and precautions, by using which you can fasten a ‘Magento e-commerce cart.
- 1.4 Caching option is found enabled as by default, so one should not disable it without any proper requirement.
- Use PHP Accelerator, Enable Compiler. Set 32 or 64 MB-Size of Quarry Cache and if possible disable the Logging time if it exceeds.
- Keep Enabled all Keep-a-lives in Apache because there are the tricks where many HTTP requests can be built through a single TCP connection. So enabling it would improve loading time of your website.
- Use Memory based file system i.e. tmpfs, this will enable your website to move fast
- Use Plane catalog of products and the same for the categories also.
The above we saw were all technical tips now look at the following general tips.
- If possible use dedicated server hosting for your Magento based website, this would allow you to use the Magento at its best level.
- Keep the redirection as less as possible and make sure to check your output as W3C complaint. This is very important as any possible errors would make the browser slow.
- Disabling server logging or at least keeping it at minimum level would minimize the disk writing frequencies.
- Compile MySQL from source instead of your OS’s package manager
- Swapping Apache for NginX or Lite-speed is beneficial, and if there is not such option available for such swapping then you are suggested to go for Zen Server,
- Avoid installing any unnecessary Apache modules and DNS look-up is a time consuming element so avoid using many external sources for i-frames and images etc.
- Regularly check out for any possible upgrades for your cart as it will enable you for advanced features and omission of any bugs which existed with your current versions.
- Setting Apache mod-express to know how long file are to be cashed is also a good option available.
- Use CDN (Content Delivery Network) for parallel transfer of static content.
- Use z-lib, Compress output for output_compression;
- Enable G-zip Compression in ht-access;
- You can also optimize all the tables by repairing them, you would find this option in MySQL Admin.
- Remove any unnecessary files from your server and try to find the web hosting services provider from the same geographical area from where you have the largest number of customers.
- Use multiple web nodes-front-end server which can handle browsing and checkouts with ease.
By following these above operations you can certainly make a difference in the speed of your Magento Cart.