Hyper V is the virtualization application included as part of Window Server 2008 and is designed to provide larger businesses with a platform on which they can create virtual machines to take the place of physical servers, a method that will allow them to save money. With Hyper V cloud hosting, you are able to combine the efficiency and stability of an established platform such as Hyper V with the reliability and security of a cloud hosting environment, providing you with a web hosting environment that will serve your website to your visitors without failure and that you can be confident won’t be compromised by hackers. Windows cloud hosting services are recommended for businesses that use any type of Microsoft technology somewhere within their corporate infrastructure, whether this is Microsoft Exchange Server for email or Microsoft SQL Server for your database requirements. Furthermore, some web developers also specialize in creating web applications specifically for the Windows platform with the use of ASP.NET as this is a scripting framework that has been developed by Microsoft and is therefore only compatible with Windows servers; however, this close tie does allow web developers to create highly functional web applications that are able to make the most of what the server and operating system have to offer. Compared to other solutions that are available for Windows virtual hosting, Hyper V cloud hosting represents the best solution as it is integrated into the hosting node’s operating system, therefore allowing virtual machines better access to the resources that they have been provided with – other performance benefits will also be available.
What are the benefits of Hyper V cloud hosting?
There are several different benefits available to users of Hyper V cloud hosting solutions, including:
- OS level partitioning – as Hyper V is part of the core of Windows Server 2008, any virtual machines that you create are part of the operating system layer – this is as opposed to conventional virtualization applications that create an application layer on top of the operating system in which the virtual machines are held – as the VMs are part of the OS layer, they have direct access to the resources that they have been assigned and this will allow them to perform better and will aid with the reliability of individual virtual machines – furthermore, it also makes it easier for system administrators to manage their Hyper V cloud hosting nodes as it for them it is less to familiarize themselves with
- Stability – the OS level nature of Hyper V means that Hyper V virtual machines will be a lot more stable than those hosted using third-party solutions – even though the cloud environment is designed to offer up to 100% guaranteed uptime, there are other factors that could affect the performance of individual VMs, but not the cloud directly – one of the main reasons behind choosing cloud hosting is the added reliability that is to be had from using a virtual machine that is hosted in a distributed environment and so it is important for web hosting companies to implement measures where possible to guarantee the stability of their Hyper V cloud hosting services – even though Windows isn’t known to be the most reliable operating system available, this has changed with the introduction of Windows Server 2008 and when it comes down to management it is also important for an experienced support team to take control of servers that are hosting precious websites, simply because they know what they are doing and will be able to fix issues as they arise
- Pricing – as Hyper V is part of the Windows operating system, it is one less application license that web hosting providers have to pay for, therefore meaning that it is one less cost to be passed on to the consumer – in the past where web hosting providers have had to use third-party virtualization tools for their Windows cloud hosting services, the costs associated with using these applications was always quite high and because the cost had to be passed on to consumers through the prices that they paid for Windows cloud hosting, this form of cloud hosting didn’t always prove to be too popular.
Why should I choose Windows cloud hosting?
There are several different reasons as to why you should choose Windows cloud hosting as your web hosting package of choice, such as:
- SQL Server hosting – as a larger business you are probably use to using Microsoft SQL Server and a Windows cloud hosting environment will provide you with the perfect environment in which you can host your SQL Server databases – regardless of the medium in which you use Microsoft SQL Server, it is still important for you to use a reliable hosting solution for your database hosting requirements as even if your databases are unavailable then your frontend applications won’t function correctly because they won’t be able to retrieve their configuration settings or content
- Exchange Server hosting – Microsoft Exchange Server is an enterprise-class collaboration platform used by businesses of all sizes to provide employees with calendar, email and management facilities – although often hosted in-house on custom servers, the cloud is also an ideal environment in which to setup an Exchange Server cluster – you can pool multiple virtual machines together to create your own Exchange cluster, allowing you to eliminate the single point of failure to a good extent, therefore enabling you to introduce a stable and highly functional collaboration system to your business.
In conclusion, Hyper V cloud hosting is the ideal cloud hosting solution for Windows web developers and Windows application developers looking for a solution that will provide them with a reliable environment in which they can develop and host their ASP web applications. The number of technologies that are unique to the Windows platform mean that there will always be a demand for Windows cloud hosting services, although the price tag attached with such services means that development for the Windows platform is usually a practice that is reserved for larger businesses and enterprises.