When you have a cPanel shared hosting account for your website then this is the utility which makes you able to provide the email addresses at which you want to receive all the updates and messages from your web hosting server. These provided email addresses works as the main communication point with you and used for informing you any new information about your website and its updates. It is always recommended to use an email address which is not of your website, because it will not face any problem when your website’s emails would stop working.
Have look at the following steps for configuring these preferences.
- In the first text field you should enter the email address which you would like to be used while making contact from web server to you.
- Second text box is provided for entering other optional extra email if first email failed to receive the messages.
- Here you will find 3 check boxes which will decide when server should contact you by sending the email. Following are their descriptions.
- Your disk quota is almost full :- When your website is close to reach the maximum disk space provided to it then it may cause for failure in modifying the current files and addition of any new files to the website, after receiving this message you need to delete any unwanted old files or upgrade your hosting account with more disk space.
- Your bandwidth is reaching its limit :- When your website is visited a large number of visitors than normally expected then you face bandwidth issue. Similar to disk space, bandwidth is the resource which is provided with certain limitation for your website, and if it exceeded than the provided limitation then your website will not remain accessible anymore. This type of the problem occurs mostly at month ends and to fix it you need to upgrade your web hosting account with more bandwidth resource.
- Your email accounts approach the quota :- This notification shows that email address provided by you are about to reach to their maximum limitation of the disk space allocated to it. For resolving this issue you need to delete any unnecessary mails of upgrade your account with more disk space.
- Remember to click ‘Save’ for confirming any changes made by you.