In this article, we have explained how to enable spam protection in Plesk.
Let’s follow the procedure to enable spam protection
1. Log into your “Plesk Panel”
2. Select the “Mail” option.
3. Select the “email address” for which spam protection should be enabled.
4. Now, Click for the “Spam Filter now”
5. Check this box to enable “Spam filtering” for the specified email address.
6. “Select any option in this area” based on your preferences.
7. You can use this option to mark emails as spam if their “Subject line” can be used to identify them.
8. Use this option if you want to “Delete all spam messages” or any spam communications.
9. Choose this to send spam emails to the “Move spam to the Spam folder.”
10. Clicking on the “Advanced Settings” menu will reveal more possibilities.
11. By entering the required sensitivity value in the “Spam filter sensitivity” area, you can adjust the spam filter’s sensitivity.
12. The default number is seven. By utilizing a “smaller value and decreasing the number by a greater number,” the sensitivity of the filter is boosted.
13. It is possible to add specific “Email accounts or domains” using the white list textbox. The email sent to those addresses won’t be filtered in any way.
14. If you want to block “Specific websites or Email addresses,” add them to the blacklist.
15. In the trusted languages and trusted locales area, you can define specific “Languages and Locations” that will always pass the filter.
16. If you want to allow only certain “IP addresses” to get through the filter, enter them in the IP addresses textbox.
17. “OK” button, click results in a success message.