This article will explain to you what is Hotlink Protection and how to turn it on.
- Hotlink protection stops other websites from directly linking to files on your website. Any file type that you don’t select will still be linked to by other sites (i.e., HTML files).
2. Using a <img> style to display an image from your site somewhere else on the Web is an example of hotlinking. As a result, the other site is robbing you of your bandwidth.
3. This system will try to add all of the sites you own to the list, but you may need to add more.
How to Enable Hotlink Protection from cPanel:
1. Log in to your cPanel account to enable it.
2. Under the Security section, select the Hotlink Protection option.
3. When you click the Enable button, your account will be enabled.
4. You will a success message that it is enabled.
5. You can add appropriate domains to the allow list and block extensions as desired. The options available are “URLs to allow access” & “Block direct access for the following extensions (comma-separated)”.
6. You’re done when you click the Submit button.
7. Again you will get a success message that the Hotlink Protection has been enabled.
That’s it! You can now easily enable the Hotlink Protection from the cPanel. If you liked our article, then you will surely love our Web Hosting and support. Anytime contact our support team which is available 24×7 just for you.
Read Also: How to Schedule Tasks in Plesk