The procedures in the following article will show you how to enable gzip compression in cPanel. Before delivering content to a visitor’s browser, Apache enables you to compress it.
Let us follow the steps to enable gzip compression in cPanel:
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. Click on the “Optimize Website” from the “Software” section.
3. You will see three options under “Compress Content”.
4. You can select any one option out of three as per your requirement.
a. Select Disable to turn off gzip compression.
b. Select Compress All Material to make all content gzip-compressed.
c. Select Specified MIME types and enter them in the text box.
5. Click on the “Update Settings”.
6. You will get a success message.
This way you can enable the gzip compression in cPanel. Before transmitting content to the visitor’s browser, Apache allows you to compress it. If you face any difficulty feel free to Host.co.in Support.