In this article, you will understand how to add MIME types in cPanel.
MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) types instruct browsers on how to deal with specific file formats. The MIME type tells the browser what kind of file it’s dealing with and how it’ll be delivered to the user.
When a .ppt file is delivered to a browser, the application/vnd.ms-powerpoint MIME type is used to inform the browser that the .ppt file is a Microsoft PowerPoint file, and the browser handles the file correctly.
Let us follow the steps:
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. Under the Advanced section, choose “MIME Types”.
3. In the “MIME Type” text box, type the name (abcd/html) of the file type’s handler.
4. In the “Extension(s)” text box, insert the file extension (mypdf).
5. Then hit the “Add” button.
6. You would then gain immediate “confirmation message”.
7. Some of the “System defined MIME types” as shown below:
In this way, one can add MIME (Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions) types in cPanel. I hope this clarifies your point, and if you continue to have problems, please contact our support team.