As Magento is one of the most demanding CMS by Web Hosting India clients today, knowing the category management process is very essential for webmasters. Following are the steps for managing categories with Magento.
- First Login to the ‘Admin Panel as ‘Root /(theme name)/admin’
- In the top menu bar you will find ‘Catalog’ under it click on the second option which is ‘Manage Categories’.
- You can find a sidebar at the left, there you need to click on the ‘Default Category’ and select the ‘Add Subcategory’
- You are at the window having multiple tabs ‘General Information’, ‘Display setting’, ‘Custom Design’, and ‘Category Products’. At ‘General Information’ in the text-box next to ‘Name’ you need to enter the name for category you are adding.
- In the drop-down list next to ‘Is Active’ select the value ‘Yes’
- Now switch to ‘Display Settings’ Tab and in the drop down list next to ‘Is Anchor’ select ‘Yes’
- Click on the ‘Save Category’ and you will be able to see the added category under ‘Default Category’