osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce solution that offering a wide range of useful features that allows online stores to be functioning at a fast pace with ease, and is available for free as an Open Source based solution released under the GNU General Public License.
OsCommerce has been developing on a frequent basis to provide value adding solutions to its customers, continously making it easier for the store administrators to provide their stores to their customers catering to their unique requirements.
osCommerce is still in its development stage with a an objective to provide and improve many new features. Below mentioned are some of the features of osCommerce:
Basic Functionality :
- All features are enabled by default
- Object oriented backend
- It is Multilingual with English, German and Spanish provided by default
- It is compatible with all PHP 4 versions.
- It is easy to install
- Web-browser based automatic installation and upgrade procedures
- Allows layout changes to be adaptive and easy to make
- Allows easy integration into an existing site
- Provides support for dynamic images
Administration / Functionality :
- osCommerce supports unlimited products and categories
- Categories, products, manufacturers, customers and reviews can be Added/Edited/Removed
- Support is provided for Physical (Shippable) and Virtual (Downloadable) products
- Administration is secured with a Username and Password
- Customers can be contacted directly via newletters or email
- Backup and restore the database for easily
- Genarate statistics for products and customers
- Multilingual and Multicurrency support
- Currency exchange rates are automatically updated
- Support for static and dynamic banners with full statistics