What is the difference between the Retail & Reseller sub-accounts of ENOM?
The main differences among the Sub -accounts are how they pay for registrations, what information the accounts have access to, and whether or not they have reseller options.
RETAIL SUB ACCOUNT
When a sub-account is created by default, it is a Retailer sub-account.
* ENOM will bill their credit card on file for every transaction on the behalf of Account Holder who created the Retail account.
* You (the parent account) will pay 3% sales fee and a 95 cent transaction fee for every order
* Retailer’s do not have access to create sub-accounts, Registry Rocket sites, the PDQ, and they cannot download the API sample scripts.
* Parent Account can view, edit and manage account information as well as make changes to domains.
RESELLER SUB ACCOUNT
* Reseller Account Holders have to refill their account to pay for domain regiistration or domain transfer orders with minimum $100 (refill fees are paid by the sub account holder).
* The Parent Reseller does not pay any fees
* Each Transaction is deducted from the Reseller sub-account balance
* They can download the API, setup Registry Rocket links, create a PDQ and create sub-accounts
* Reseller sub-accounts can use their own merchant services for the API (they cannot use eNom merchant services).
* The Parent Reseller Holder can view domains in the reseller sub-account; however you cannot make any changes to the account information or domains in the account.
For both types of accounts, The Parent Reseller is responsible for any chargebacks and for notifying the [email protected] department, if you detect fraudulent transactions.